April 2013 IAPPO Newsletter
See our News page for more news information.
2013 Spring Delegate Packet
Mark Your Calendar - 2013 Spring Training Conference
May 2-3, 2013
Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center, Springfield, IL
See our Events Page for more information on all upcoming IAPPO events.
WelcomeThe Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc. (IAPPO), a chapter of the Institute for Public Procurement (NIGP) is a not-for-profit organization comprised of Public Purchasing Officials throughout the State of Illinois. Our membership includes representatives from state and local government, as well as special districts and public education agencies who are concerned with professionalism and continuing education in the purchasing profession. IAPPO, which was chartered on October 26, 1977, with a membership of nine, has grown to over 200 members at present. IAPPO was incorporated on October 1, 1997, was granted 501.c.3 not-for-profit status by the Internal Revenue in April, 2000.
Our specific goals are as follows:
- To establish cooperative relationships among our members for the development of efficient purchasing methods and practices in the field of educational, governmental and public institutional procurement.
- To promote the interchange of ideas and experience within the purchasing profession.
- To promote professional competence through ongoing training and certification of those engaged in the purchasing profession.
- To assure the public (taxpayers) that the maximum effort is being made to spend their tax money wisely and in the most professional manner possible.
- To advance purchasing as a profession and encourage professionalism of our members.